Monday, March 30, 2009

Enabling iPhone 3G Tethering

Apple recently announced iPhone OS 3.0 boasting over 100 new features. However, the feature that really held my attention was tethering.

After installing the new OS, I could not find the tethering option anywhere and enabling it required a little bit tinkering around with the carrier support files. I followed this How-To and had it working with Airtel India after a little bit of trial and error.

If you are in India and got your hands on the iPhone 3.0 SDK, you can download the ipcc files for the official Indian providers below:

Airtel India
Vodafone India

The Airtel configuration file works great. I did not test the Vodafone configuration file. If anyone has got it working, please let me know.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Hardeep said...

Did you try MMS too? i am not able to get that working.